Due to a reorganization of the American Nuclear Society, local sections cannot accept membership fees anymore, but only donations.
If you would like to become an official member of the Carlsbad Section of the ANS, you need to join ANS National (see below), and select the Carlsbad Section as your Local Section when filling your online ANS membership application.
If you wish to make a donation to the Carlsbad Section of the ANS, please contact a Board member or use the “Contact Us” option . You can also use the “Donate” option.
MEMBERSHIP TO ANS NATIONAL
The American Nuclear Society is a professional organization of engineers and scientists devoted to peaceful and beneficial applications of nuclear science and technology. Its more than 10,000 members come from diverse technical backgrounds covering the full range of engineering disciplines as well as the physical and biological sciences within the nuclear field. Members of the American Nuclear Society benefit from collaboration, exchanging insights and exploring possibilities within the realm of nuclear science and technology. Be a part of this tradition and join the ANS community today.
Membership benefits include:
- Membership to your Carlsbad Local Section!
- Nuclear News magazine, providing you every month with the latest worldwide developments in the nuclear field, plus exclusive interviews with the movers and shakers shaping the profession. The renowned Nuclear News Buyer's Guide is also published and distributed to members yearly.
- ANS News, reporting bi-monthly on the activities of the Society, including public outreach, position statements and honors and awards, plus providing news about members.
- Nuclear Headlines, links to nuclear-related news coverage updated every 15 minutes from 25,000 global sources.
- Access to the Career Center in the Members section of the ANS web site, where open positions are posted and you can store your résumés.
- Access to the Members section with its content exclusive to members, including the ANS member directory.
- Membership in at least two ANS divisions, providing you with information and networking opportunities in your areas of specialty.
- Volunteer opportunities to express your viewpoints and enhance your career.
- Representation with regulators and legislators on behalf of the nuclear community.
- Substantial savings over the non-member registration fee at ANS meetings (the difference could pay for your membership).
- Discounts on the Society's Standards, three technical journals (Nuclear Science and Engineering, Nuclear Technology, and Fusion Science and Technology), Radwaste Solutions magazine, books, and other publications.
- Group rate insurance plans
- ANS credit card that helps support the Outreach activities of the Society.
- Various honors and awards and scholarships.